Sunday 6 December 2015

Evaluation

I think that from this project I now have a basic understanding of beauty photography and how to set up and shoot high key and low key images, however I am not as comfortable with doing this as I think I should be, I really struggled with getting to grips with the technical side of photography. The way I solved the problem with this was by practicing and speaking to other people on the course to help my understanding, it also helped me writing down step by steps on how to shoot an image. The way I developed my research was first by getting an insight and knowledge on beauty photographers, by watching the 7 photographs that changed fashion and getting myself familiar with iconic images. The other way I gained research for my final photoshoot was by looking in magazines like I-D and LOVE, my main inspiration was the Frayed Beauty shoot by David Sims (Seen on my 6 poses I find inspiring post on blog) and this is what I based my form of natural beauty on, I wanted to make the subject more abstract and challenge the conventional image of feminine beauty. The images I produced I am really pleased with, however if I was to do this again I would like to be a lot more familiar with photoshop as this would make my images a lot more professional. Overall, I think I have took small but very essential steps towards having knowledge about photographers (past and present) in the industry and I am also starting to take photos that I would be happy to have in my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment