Sunday 15 November 2015

6 Poses I Find Inspiring

As a response to how women are seen in fashion imagery I have chosen 6 images/ poses that I find inspiring from I-D magazine, Vogue, Love and InStyle.



Photography by Willy Vanderperre, I-D
 For my first pose that I find inspiring I have picked the I-D wink, I find this inspiring because it is fun and cheeky and is shown on every cover of I-D magazine. This is the Generation Z  the activist edition, and this makes this image more inspiring as it is about young activists trying to make a difference to the world.


"If you wont let us dream, We wont let you sleep."

This image was taken by Willy Vanderperre.








Image by Naomi Yang, InStyle, Nov 2013
 I found this image in an editorial spread in InStyle November 2013. The image has been shot by Naomi Yang, I think this image is so inspirational because it has been shot by a female photographer, this means that the model will not be shot in the ways that American apparel models are.
This pose makes me think of the 1970's trend of power dressing, during the 70's there was a huge feminist movement which makes the pose all the more inspirational










Image by David Sims, Love, s/s 15
This pose I found in I-D magazine the image is by David Sims and the spread shows a portfolio of images that twists the traditional ideas of female beauty photography and bends the convention towards something less familiar and more abstract.
I found this pose inspiring because of how raw the images are and how it isn't conventional natural beauty.










Image by Mario Testino
 This is a pose I found in Vogue June 2014, it is part of an editorial spread about Kate Upton. The spread was shot by Mario Testino. The reason I found this pose (and the whole spread) so inspiring is because it focuses on feminine beauty, female sexuality and is also quite empowering. I like how she is average sized and curvy, so this is very inspirational as it promotes positive body image.












Image by Steven Klein, LOVE s/s 15
 Prada did an exclusive project for LOVE magazine (s/s 15) , where Kim Kardashian wears the new spring collection with the intention being 'I like to see my clothes worn in a different way on someone unexpected." - Miuccia Prada.
The images were took by Steven Klein, I find these images so inspiring because it just shows female sexual empowerment.













Image by Richard Burbridge I-D Spring 15
I found this image in I-D magazine the photograph was taken by Richard Burbridge, the images are about wearing your beliefs where you can see them. I find these images inspiring because it is a light-hearted way to address serious issues.















I-D  (Spring 2015). The Activist issue No.336.
LOVE (S/S 15). Miuccua on Kim.
InStyke (November 2013). Drew Barrymore.
Vogue. (June 2014)..

No comments:

Post a Comment