Monday 16 November 2015

Low Key Photos

For our low key experimentation we tried shooting in front of a soft box and also shooting with the light from different sides.

These two images are our first shots from in front of the soft box, I really like the angelic highlights that are created around the hair like a halo effect. I have included both of these photos because the first one is a little bit too overexposed however i like how light it is, if I was going to edit these photos I would use the second photo and edit it lighter.




After fiddling about with appatures we finally shot these images, I believe this is the perfect amount of light coming into the camera and I personally love these images, the skin looks airbrushed and flawless.
This image was shot in front of the soft box but with the light from the side, as you can see there is increased skin texture which is something you need to be careful of when shooting with side lights.

For these images we shot with light form the side, I do not think these images are very effective for low key as there isn't much shadows apart from on the background.




For these images we shot them by using a direct light from the side on the model, this created really deep shadows on the face under the cheekbones and is definitely something I would like to use in my black and white beauty shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment