Monday 16 November 2015

Facetune Retouching

Today we had to team up in a group of 3 and retouch and image on face tune of someone in the group and write down all the steps that we took. This is the image before and after...



  1. Smooth
  2. Whiten
  3. Details
  4. Smoother
  5. Patch
  6. Smooth
  7. Smoother
  8. Reshape
  9. Tones
  10. Whiten
  11. Reshape
  12. Lighter Filter
  13. Reshape
To retouch this images it took 14 steps and the photos are dramatically different, i focused on trying to make the skin perfect, and removing under eye circles. I also re shaped the face to make it slimmer, with bigger eyes and lips, and changed the tone of the skin.

I really enjoyed making the changes to this image, I think it is crazy that you can change someones appearance that much on a phone, but i do think that this level of retouching is too much especially for photos. The model was really surprised at how much we changed the photograph, and at the time it did feel a little bit awkward changing a persons face because it was like you are pointing out their flaws. I do not think the model looks better, if anything I think the image looks a little bit creepy, as the skin is too smooth it has the uncanny valley effect. After doing this i would like to experiment with retouching images on photoshop, so if i did this again i would like to retouch a proper image that was shot by me with correct lighting and makeup, as i think this would look more realistic, as you can tell the image above is clearly edited. I will do this for my beauty images for this project, however i will not be doing heavy retouching as this will not fit my brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment